Are Porcelain Veneers in Flint Best for You? Your Dentist Answers
July 20, 2018
Do the aesthetics of your smile matter? Recent studies show that most of the people you meet for the first time will notice the appearance of your teeth before anything else. Thus, the poor condition of your digits could leave you insecure and prematurely judged. Thankfully, the minor flaws in your smile zone can be corrected by porcelain veneers in Flint. For the procedure to be successful, though, you must meet certain criteria. Learn what they are and the alternative methods available as you read on.
The Basic Requirements for Porcelain Veneers
The right candidate for porcelain veneers will possess the following traits:
- There are severe stains on your teeth.
- You don’t grind your teeth.
- There are only minor flaws in the look of your teeth.
- You have a sufficient amount of enamel to work with.
- There are several cosmetic imperfections that you want to address in one treatment.
Another factor to keep in mind is the cost of porcelain veneers. Because they involve an in-network lab as part of the fabrication process, their price can be a little higher than some of the alternative treatments, but they offer a high-quality way of masking imperfections that can last up to 15 years.
For specific prices, you’ll need to contact your local dentist.
Alternative Methods for Improving Your Smile
While certain conditions like teeth grinding and diminished enamel require treatment before any type of cosmetic procedure is started, your dentist in Flint offers some alternatives for improving your appearance that may be a better fit for you:
- Teeth Whitening – If you’re looking for some cost savings, you may consider teeth whitening. Using high-powered bleaches, your dentist will be able to brighten your teeth by up to eight shades and totally rejuvenate your look. To maintain your beautiful new smile, you’ll simply work with your cosmetic dentistry expert to develop a schedule for receiving touch-ups.
- Cosmetic Bonding – Another lower-cost alternative is cosmetic bonding. Whereas porcelain veneers require more than one visit to complete, your dentist will prepare your teeth for the compound resin material, apply and harden it in just one visit.
Options Equal Empowerment
Your dentist understands that not all situations are the same, which is why she offers more than one option for creating the smile of your dreams. With her expert help, you’ll no longer have to live in shame of your smile. Whether you receive porcelain veneers, teeth whitening or cosmetic bonding, you’ll be able to enjoy a totally remade image of your ivories.
To learn more about all three options and determine which is best for you, reach out to the expert to schedule a consultation today!
About the Author
Dr. Chitra P. Naik earned her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. For nearly 25 years, she has provided her patients with the highest quality of dental care and guidance. To stay abreast of the ever-evolving world of dentistry, Dr. Naik maintains membership in several professional organizations and can be reached for more information through her website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.